Random Thoughts: Valentines Day

by - July 02, 2013



Valentines day is way way far but I feel slightly compelled to write an entry relating to the occasion brought upon by mah emotions mah hopz n mah dreamz.

Next to my birthday, Valentine’s Day is my favorite unofficial holiday, and I never quite understood how some people can be so bitter when it comes to this day. Really, people, if you’re looking for an unofficial holiday to hate, go hate that week that comes after Christmas.

As I am thinking of this day,  I don’t think I’ve ever spent a single Valentine’s Day with a significant other. Like seriously.

I have a very light memory of  my past Valentines days except this year. Pretty much sucked BIG TIME.Or perhaps it’s just me being too needy and clingy and helpless. I must have had ten beers that night on an almost empty stomach but I still had my wits with me when I cabbed it home at 5 in the morning. It’s hard to get drunk drunk when you’re always on your feet. The aftermath is always horrible, though, and I woke up with a beer gut that would put a college fratman to shame. I don’t regret the beer, I regret the meal I wolfed down before I went to bed. And the two meals I once again had, immediately after waking up. All I can do is sigh and make a half-empty promise to myself not to do it again. Right.

I really should learn how to control my alcohol intake but in the company of nutty friends and a broken heart, I tend to let go.


And now when I think about it, I have absolutely nothing to moan about in the love department. And there’s really nothing for me to be sore about: I’m in a wonderful relationship *spakle* *spakle* with a wonderful man (who treats me like a spoiled brat).

PS: Im crossing my fingers for next year. Please Lord let it be the first with the lover.

I leave you with a qoutation quite fitting today.
Don't let yesterday make you forget all the happiness you deserve today.

You May Also Like

0 comments