Snaps from the North Part 2: Pagudpud Ilocos Norte

by - October 13, 2012

Oh beautiful Sunset

Its Brazil Holiday today! I’m taking a quick break from work to go through my drafts.
I don’t even deserve a break considering I’ve mainly been faffing around online instead of ticking off stuff on today’s to-do list.

Anyway, here’s my overdue post about the part 2 trip in Ilocos Norte - Pagudpud.
It took us 4 hours to get there (from vigan). We left Vigan around 12nn. We were informed that there are no buses heading straight to Pagudpud so we had no choice but to take a bus to Laoag and another ordinary bus to Pagudpud. It was a looooooong drive but I would do it all over again. The view from the bus was breathtaking. It was nice to take a break, get out of the city and its hulking concrete and metal buildings, and be surrounded by nature. I wanted to take off the bus each time i see a good landscape. Picture Perfect! We were rolling in the edges of the philippines with the view of the beautiful China sea.





At 4pm we arrived in Pagudpud, hungry for food.
Mr. Wonderful, thank you for this photo. ^^

The sand is not as white and fine as what they have it Boracay. For me, Pagudpud is like Puerto Gallera only with lesser people and establishments.

I woke up from my nap around 9pm (it was so tempting to sleep. Cold weather is bed weather). Unsurprisingly, after a few minutes i slept again. :)) I woke up with a knot in my stomach at 11pm. STARVING!!!

We jumped off the bed and stepped outside to get something to eat. Man, it was soooo quite and DARK. All we can hear was the sounds of the crickets, the stupid dog barking and the waves. Scary. It didn't stop us from walking. Little did i know the door was closed and the keys were left inside. Stupid, right? Can you blame me? I was so hungry i don't care about the keys or whatsoever. So, the next question was, How the hell did we get inside the room again? It was funny and scary at the same time.  We were still lucky because the owner of the (small) hotel lives in the neighborhood. No doorbell, no nothing so i screamed good Lord they opened the door for us. We were told that the restaurant closes as early as 9:30PM. OH boy. Fortunately, i bought a sachet of Nescafe. I am so smart.

 The caffeine kept us awake so we spent the rest of the night chatting in the balcony.
  The light is extraordinary, diffuse and warm in hue and I remember a friend of mine rambling on about ‘magic hour, a time of day that photographers adore.

Day 3 is the last day in the North and as expected, none of us wanted to leave.We took a quick view of  Bangui Windmill. Man, this thing is HUGE. Its beyond my expectation. really.
HUGE monster wind mill
Light House
Bags waiting for the bus
 We dreaded the long bus ride home and having to go back to hot and noisy Manila aka REALITY. But all good things must come to an end and we tried to squeeze in as much as we could in the few hours we had.










You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Reading your narrative made my senses recapture that perfectly wonderful and awesome experience. Oh Why not, right? We're a wonderful and awesome pair, and together, we do magic!

    -nad

    ReplyDelete